"It's been a challenge, yet it's been an experience I know I can take somewhere else."
- Cleaning-up and landscaping visible sites important to the community,
- Deconstructing small properties,
- Creating accessibility ramps for senior citizens,
- Creating and placing Trash Barrels throughout the community and removing the trash weekly,
- Working with neighborhood associations to plan community clean-up efforts or,
- Partnering with other non-profit organizations like Habitat for Humanity to develop clean-up efforts.
For those who many not have been recently employed, Westside Beautification provides the opportunity to obtain current work experience. Just like a job, the three-month long program runs from Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily. Participants receive a stipend for their work. Experience-related employment and entrepreneurial opportunities can follow as a result of participation in the program.